Consultant – Development of Disaster Risk Profiles for countries in Africa
Job Title: Consultant – Development of Disaster Risk Profiles for countries in Africa
Org. Unit: Policy and Technical Services Department
Duty Station: Remote
Contract type: When Actually Employed Consultant
Duration: 50 days over 5 months
Reporting to: Acting Director for Policy and Technical Services Department
Application deadline: 23 May 2021
Application process: Interested candidates should click here to apply: Link
Junior Legal & Governance Officer
Job Title: Junior Legal & Governance Officer
These ToR provide a description of the activities for a Junior Legal/Governance (JLO) position for ARC Ltd. The role is a full-time position and may be performed remotely, preferably on GMT time-zone business hours.
Junior Legal & Governance Advisor Functions
At the direction of the Senior Legal Officer, the JLO will provide advisory services to support legal and governance functions of ARC Ltd as outlined below:
- Support the Senior Legal Officer legal functions for ARC Ltd.
- Support all internal legal and governance affairs for the ARC Ltd Member States and the Board of Directors/Committees.
- Manage legal/governance archiving and document production.
- Draft contracts, insurance policies, internal, Board and Committee documents required for the effective governance and legal functions of ARC Ltd.
- Provide oral and written input in a timely fashion to ensure Company legal advice is coordinated with ARC Agency legal team workplan and tasks.
Salary & Travel
- Competitive Salary for African Union institutions.
- Travel and business expenses covered.
- Partial reimbursement of health insurance expenses.
- Required work experience, 3-5 years working for or with African multi-lateral institutions such as the African Union, AfDB, or other.
- Educational requirement: Law degree, license to practice in one or more jurisdictions. Masters degree (LLM) in International, Development, or Cooperation Law – or similar program, preferable.
- Language requirements: native/fluent in English and French. Native/fluent in Arabic preferable.